test your self in obstetric for forth year medical

استعرض الموضوع السابق استعرض الموضوع التالي اذهب الى الأسفل

test your self in obstetric for forth year medical

مُساهمة من طرف gynea.. في الخميس أبريل 23, 2009 5:23 pm

i promise fourth year student to give them two question daily ,i will see the answers & lastly i will answer the questions (those mostly in oral & clinic exam)

q1- do you know why deep venous thrombosis is more dangerous than superfecial venous thrombosis? please detailed answer.

q2- what is the double setup technique? just simple idea

gynea..
مستجد

انثى عدد الرسائل : 7
العمر : 45
العمل : dr
البلد : مصر
مؤشر احترام قوانين المنتدى :
100 / 100100 / 100

تاريخ التسجيل : 22/04/2009

معاينة صفحة البيانات الشخصي للعضو

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

رد: test your self in obstetric for forth year medical

مُساهمة من طرف تقوى الله في الأحد أبريل 26, 2009 6:23 pm

السلام عليكم...
أعجبتني الفكرة وتمنيت ان يكون كل المواضيع في المنتدى من هذا النوع
بارك الله فيك
وان شاءالله يكون فيه اعضاء في السنه الرابعه ويستفيدو

تقوى الله
دكتور
دكتور

انثى عدد الرسائل : 622
العمر : 29
العمل : 2nd year dental student
البلد : بنغازي
100 / 100100 / 100

تاريخ التسجيل : 26/07/2008

رد: test your self in obstetric for forth year medical

مُساهمة من طرف white_sea في الثلاثاء أبريل 28, 2009 12:58 pm

athough i`m not a forth year student,but i`d like to answer,because it`s really an intersting & usefull thread you`ve posted here,dr.gyne,thanks a lot.

I hope forth year students or other students to interact with these threads,because they explore the meaning of this medical forum,& i wish to found from all members medical questions at all years.

thank u gyne & go on , my answer is:

Q1:DVT is potentially life-threatening. In it, blood clots form in the body’s deep veins, particularly veins in the legs. Sometimes the clot breaks off, travels through the bloodstream, and obstructs a vessel in the lungs, restricting blood flow. This condition is called pulmonary embolism. This damages tissues and causes poor lung function, which can be fatal.

People who survive their first episode of DVT may have chronic swelling in their leg and pain from the blockage of blood flow through the vein. This can reduce their ability to live a full, active life. People who’ve had one DVT episode are also prone to have more.

Clots in the superficial veins do not pose a danger of causing pulmonary emboli because the perforator vein valves act as a sieve to prevent clots from entering the deep venous system. They are usually not at risk of causing pulmonary embolism.

Q2:A double set up is a vaginal examination performed with the immediate capability of converting
to cesarean section. It is instituted when the exact location of a placenta previa cannot be fully
delineated by ultrasonography. The double set up procedure is elected only for those who are
hemodynamically stable. The double set up delivery is accomplished in the operating room with
the mother fully prepared for an emergent operative delivery under general anesthesia. General
anesthesia is preferable because profuse bleeding can occur at the time of examination. The
mother should receive a nonparticulate antacid to prevent aspiration pneumonitis and routine
monitors should be applied. Intravascular volume repletion must take place prior to vaginal
examination. This is best accomplished through two or more large bore intravenous catheters.
Several units of blood should be available in the delivery/operating room and the blood bank
notified that several more units may be required for obstetric hemorrhage.

اشهد أن لا إله إلا الله,وأن محمدا رسول الله.

white_sea
مدير الموقع
مدير الموقع

ذكر عدد الرسائل : 902
العمر : 33
العمل : طبيب جراح
البلد : ليبيا_بنغازي
100 / 100100 / 100

تاريخ التسجيل : 19/03/2008